JULY 2022 | WHAT’S IN THIS ISSUE?
» How to stage your yard before selling
» Cities that will pay you to move (2022)
» Best bike-friendly cities in the U.S.How to stage your yard before selling
Prep your patio for the summer market
Spiffing up the patio or deck before your home goes on the market is worth the time and materials. These features add living space and value to your property, so you’ll want to make the most of them.
When your outside leisure space looks its best, it’ll be that much easier for buyers to imagine life in this place. Plus, it’s a great way to nail the first impression.
Rent a pressure washer to get dingy surfaces looking like new. Along with the decking and patio stones, give the furnishings, siding and fences a wash-down.
Staging a space is a game of subtraction, where you’re giving the buyer a “clean slate.” Stash toys, grilling equipment and garden supplies along with other personal effects.
Make sure your lawn and landscaping is looking company-ready. Mow the turf, pull up the weeds and rake up any stray leaves, clippings and sticks.
Position pretty containers around the patio and plant in-season blooms in ground. This adds color and texture while also bringing a touch of luxury to the space.
Arrange the outdoor furniture as you might a living room. Position chairs and outdoor sofas into conversation spaces. Invest in accessories that soften the space and make it more inviting to sit and enjoy — things like fresh cushions or an outdoor rug.Cities that will pay you to move (2022)
11 places that will pay you to live there!
Now that more workplaces are open to remote gigs, it’s possible for knowledge workers with broadband access to live anywhere they choose. If you’re looking for a change of scenery at a great value, give one of these cities or towns a look. They’re willing to pay you to relocate!
- West Virginia: $12,000 in no-strings cash, plus $8,000 of incentives.
- Topeka, Kansas: $15,000 toward home purchase or rent.
- Tulsa, Oklahoma: $10,000 toward a down payment on a home.
- Northwest Arkansas: $10,000 toward housing, and a free bike.
- Vermont: New Remote Worker Grants worth $7,500.
- Shoals, Alabama: $10,000 for remote workers who make at least $52,000 a year.
- New Haven, Connecticut: $10,000 toward a down payment or closing costs.
- Newton, Iowa: $10,000 toward a new home, plus a $3,000 welcome package.
- Chattanooga, Tennessee: A $10,000 forgivable mortgage for people who work as computer programmers.
- Hamilton, Ohio: Annual payments totaling $10,000 for new college graduates.
- Lincoln, Kansas: Free land for new homebuilders.
Best bike-friendly cities in the U.S.
If pedal power is your mode of choice, check out these places.
- San Luis Obispo, California
- Madison, Wisconsin
- Santa Barbara, California
- Washington, D.C.
- Missoula, Montana
- Rogers, Arkansas
- Fort Collins, Colorado